[strongSwan] strongswan 5.0.1 ipsec configuration load issue

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Jan 25 09:16:31 CET 2013

Hi Jordan,

> I kept build flags from 5.0.0. and the only flag I added is  "CFLAGS +=
> -DCONFIG_H_INCLUDED=1".  I use my own build files and I don't use
> config.h.

I think this is problematic. The build options have changed with the use
of config.h, and I don't know how this behaves when not using it.

If you want to use the same configuration, I recommend to pass just the
same options to ./configure. We try hard to introduce new options
disabled by default, and keep enabled options enabled.

> root at ngfw:~# ipsec start
> Starting strongSwan 5.0.1 IPsec [starter]...
> /etc/ipsec.conf:3: syntax error [
> ]
> unable to start strongSwan -- fatal errors in config

I have really no idea what's wrong. But I'd try to start from a
clean, ./configure'd build before tracking this down further.