[strongSwan] crlcheckinterval in charon

kgardenia42 kgardenia42 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 9 00:41:50 CET 2013

Hi,

I notice that crlcheckinterval is not included in strongswan 5.x.  Is
this just a case of it not having been implemented yet or has the
feature been deliberately removed?

If the latter then what is the expected way to "poll" a crluri to
check for modifications?  I know about OCSP but the realtime check is
too expensive in my situation so the static file with periodic check
is ideal.

I suppose I could replicate my own version home-grown of
"crlcheckinterval" by having a cron/agent do an If-Modified-Since
check on the CRL URL every so often and somehow tell charon to re-read
the list if it is modified.  But that is extra moving parts I'd
ideally like to avoid.

Alternatively, is there any command-line mechanism to tell charon to
re-read the crluri?  If that exists then I could just have a cron
which periodically tells charon to re-check it.

Thanks.