[strongSwan] Significance of [XAUTH] Vendor Paylod in IKEv1 Main mode

अनुज anuj01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 04:32:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

In ipsec.conf, we have used authby=pubkey. But still I see [XAUTH] payload
is being sent to security gateway by strongswan. is this correct?

And I observed from tcpdump that security gateway doesn't send [XAUTH]
payload. And after this both the ends just keep exchanging same messages
(with Exchange type : SA) again and again.

It never comes out of this loop and Phase1 main mode never reaches to next
step i.e messages with Exchange type: Key Exchange.

Please help me to understand this behavior.

--
Anuj Aggarwal

 .''`.
: :Ⓐ :   # apt-get install hakuna-matata
`. `'`
   `-