[strongSwan] VPN Gateway behind firewall...

Flemming Hougaard fleh at varde.dk
Tue Apr 23 11:14:51 CEST 2013

Hi

I have  a setup, which I'm very much in doubt would actually work...

I have an StrongSwan server placed within the LAN behind a firewall (I do know that it's not the best setup...) where the ports 500 & 4500 will be opened (properly with PAT).

The server will be having 1 NIC, and is supposed to be used as a VPN gateway for "dial-up-vpns" (win 7/8) and point-to-point nailed up VPN's (eg. ipsec from a Astaro).

Can this be done with StrongSwan at all?

regards
Flemming