[strongSwan] Android client supported Cipher Suites? trouble getting aes256 to work

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Sep 27 09:16:33 CEST 2012

Hmmm,

in fact, very strange collection of cipher suites the
strongSwan Android client is proposing:

received proposals: ESP:
  AES_CBC_128/AES_CBC_192/AES_CBC_256/
  3DES_CBC/BLOWFISH_CBC_256/
  HMAC_SHA1_96/AES_XCBC_96/HMAC_MD5_96/
  NO_EXT_SEQ

I'm not aware that libipsec would support blowfish_cbc, 3des_cbc,
aes_xcbc, and hmac_md5_96 and sha256_128,sha384_192 and sha512_256
are prominently missing. Tobias could you check that?

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)