[strongSwan] Android client supported Cipher Suites? trouble getting aes256 to work

Mark M mark076h at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 05:19:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have been trying to get my Android client to work with aes256 with esp=aes256-sha256-aes256 but it would always default to aes128, the default. After looking at the logs for awhile I noticed  that the client sends very few proposals and the only one I could get to work is esp=aes256-sha1-modp1024!

so for my connection I use

ike=aes256-sha256-modp1024!
esp=aes256-sha1-modp1024!

Is this the best I can for the Android client?  Is there a list of supported cipher suites for the Android client?. I am also using this connection for a server 2008/Windows 7 client and noticed that they send different cipher suites as well and had to settle on the ones I posted above for both the Windows client and Android to work at the same time.

Mark-