[strongSwan] How to use Strongswan 5.0.1 & Smartcard correctly?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Oct 15 18:22:36 CEST 2012

Hi Gerald,

> I'll have a look at it next week, shouldn't be too hard to implement
> this fallback.

I've pushed a few changes to [1], bringing support for:
      * Fallback to load the public key associated to a private key from
        a certificate if no raw public key has been found.
      * Defining explicit PKCS#11 certificates to use in a connection,
        using the new leftcert=%smartcard:<keyid> ipsec.conf option.

Please let me know if these changes work with your smartcards.

[1]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pkcs11-certs