[strongSwan] Windows 7 IKEv2 Error 13806

Tiebing Zhang tzhang at advistatech.com
Thu May 17 20:33:37 CEST 2012

Hi Andreas,

That is a big bummer. I thought Microsoft started supporting ECDSA
starting with Vista.

Anyway, I created a new openssl-based CA using RSA-2048 instead of ECDSA
P-384, and issued two certificates, win7 and "192.168.5.63", and
reloaded both my Windows 7
computer and the StrongSwan server. Error 13806 still comes up.

I loaded the same "win7" certificates into another Ubuntu computer
running strongswan as a client. It connected fine to the 192.168.5.63
server. So it seems that my Strongswan
server is running Okay.

I have enabled both "clientAuth" and "serverAuth" EKU in the win7
certificate, and the CA is imported correctly. The private key seems to
be loaded correctly too.

Any other things that I should be checking?

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Todd