[strongSwan] Strongswan 4.6.2 support with Android GB

Kushagra Bhatnagar kbhatnagar at sta.samsung.com
Wed May 9 17:12:42 CEST 2012

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the response.

>> Below is the snippet of the error.
>> prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: >> out/target/product/test/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstrongswan_intermediates/printf_hook.o: in function vstr_wrapper_vfprintf:external/strongswan->> 4.6.3/src/libstrongswan/printf_hook.c:296: error: undefined reference to 'vstr_make_base'

> Yeah, it looks like there is some problem with linking the Vstr library
> against libstrongswan.  Are there any more specific errors regarding this?

I just put snippet of one error there are many errors in printf_hook.c but all are of same type as above (undefined reference).

> By the way, I never used the GB (2.3) source tree, but I know the build
> works fine with the Froyo (2.2) and ICS (4.0) source trees.  No idea why
> it wouldn't work with the 2.3 sources, though.

I will try the same on ICS and will let you know if I come across with the same error.

> I see that you don't use the 'generic' target above, but instead it's
> 'test'.  Did you change DROID_TARGET accordingly in the vstr.build file?

Yes DROID_TARGET in vstr.build is changed accordingly.

>> I would like to mention that I didn't make any changes in the
>> Android GB default kernel. By any chance is this the cause of
>> error. Is changing the kernel code as per wiki link is also a
>> mandatory step.

> It is mandatory to build a custom kernel to being able to use IPsec.
> But the kernel has no effect on the build system.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
Tobias