[strongSwan] Strongswan 4.6.2 support with Android GB

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Wed May 9 12:26:18 CEST 2012

Hi Kushagra,

> Below is the snippet of the error.
> prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/test/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstrongswan_intermediates/printf_hook.o: in function vstr_wrapper_vfprintf:external/strongswan-4.6.3/src/libstrongswan/printf_hook.c:296: error: undefined reference to 'vstr_make_base'

Yeah, it looks like there is some problem with linking the Vstr library
against libstrongswan.  Are there any more specific errors regarding this?

By the way, I never used the GB (2.3) source tree, but I know the build
works fine with the Froyo (2.2) and ICS (4.0) source trees.  No idea why
it wouldn't work with the 2.3 sources, though.

I see that you don't use the 'generic' target above, but instead it's
'test'.  Did you change DROID_TARGET accordingly in the vstr.build file?

> I would like to mention that I didn't make any changes in the
> Android GB default kernel. By any chance is this the cause of
> error. Is changing the kernel code as per wiki link is also a
> mandatory step.

It is mandatory to build a custom kernel to being able to use IPsec.
But the kernel has no effect on the build system.

> configure:3876: droid-gcc -c -DUSE_RESTRICTED_HEADERS -Wall -O2  conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c:2: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'me'
>
> Does above error indicates that libvstr.a build is not proper that’s
> why libvstr.so build is also not proper and then finally while building
> Android codebase, linker is not able to link the libvstr library.

Probably not, as there seem to come from the configure script which
tests several features of the compiler etc.  So such errors are to be
expected in config.log.

Regards,
Tobias