[strongSwan] Strongswan 4.6.2 support with Android GB

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue May 8 12:43:14 CEST 2012

Hi Kushagra,

> 1. Build the vstr static library by following the wiki
>    pages (on strongswan.org).

You built this with droid-gcc?  Did you use the build script?  Are the
static library and the Android.mk for libvstr in place withing the
Android source tree?

> 3. Change all the libvstr path to the appropriate path where
>    libvstr.a is present.

Where did you change this?  Are you referring to the libvstr_PATH
variable in the top level Android.mk file?

> 4. Also run following commands in /external/strongswan4.6.2 folder
>    ./configure, make and make distclean.

That's only needed if you build from the git repository, building from
the tarball should work without this step.

> 5. Added appropriate module names in core.mk file.

I think that's not needed for Ginger Bread, only ICS (4.0) requires this.

> Looks like linker is not able to read the static library
> "libvstr.a". Is the "libvstr.a" library is compatible with android?

Hm, with the provided Android.mk on the wiki (vstr.mk which is moved by
the vstr.build script to the location specified in that script) the
static library should be converted to a dynamic library which is what
strongSwan should be linked against.

Regards,
Tobias