[strongSwan] Σχετ: URGENT need help plz

Leandro . frr8rrf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:18:11 CET 2012

Hi xrats,

My* test enviroment* is in MS-Windows over Oracle Virtualbox, as I said
before.
About default config, I think you must change conf files to a desired
scenario.

I have installed VBox in diferent windows machine, each one with a 2 VMs:

windows vm [192.168.9.2]--*INTERNAL NET* ---[192.168.9.1] opensuse vm
[192.168.10.197] *EXTERNAL NET* \

                     [vpn]

slack   vm [192.168.8.2]--*INTERNAL NET* ---[192.168.8.1] opensuse vm
[192.168.10.198] *EXTERNAL NET* /

the goal: windows-vm communicate with slackware-vm, using vpn.

screen shot:
VBOX
[image: Imagem inline 1]

[image: Imagem inline 2]

First, I installed opensuse 12.1 - you are running gentoo, I didn't
installed this distro yet - but I start to configure the strongswan base on
a example from site http://www.strongswan.org/uml-testresults.html and I
choose this http://www.strongswan.org/uml-testresults.html 'cause is what I
expect to do in production.
Based on the example files, I started to play, however I'm new user in VPNs
and I found some difficult in what scenario is more easy to do.

I start to generate the x509 certificates - before to configure strongswan.
But I think the PSK - pre shared key - maybe easier -  I will try this
after....

After this I started to configure the strongswan - Files: strongswan.conf /
ipsec.conf / ipsec.secrets Folders: /ipsec.d/certs and ipsec.d/private
But, I my case, the certificates generated before, was generate with
openssl 1.0, so I did to do an update. The package original for opensuse
12.1 is 4.5.3, and the Andreas suggested to 4.6.2. This solved my problem
with certificates, but I still with other problems, and trying to solve
this now ...

Any doubt ?

I hope this may be useful to you.

Regards