[strongSwan] net2net cert Scenario.

Leandro Ferr frr8rrf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:19:14 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm starting in VPN World, and I want (and need) implement a VPN site-site.
My enviromnt (test) is (like net2net cert):

 -------        --------             --------        -------
| wksA  | ----| gwA    | --------- | gwB    | ---- | wksB   |
 -------        --------             --------        -------

wksA 192.168.9.2
gwA int - 192.168.9.1
gwA ext - 192.168.10.197

wksB 192.168.8.2
gwB int - 192.168.8.1
gwB ext - 192.168.10.198

The goal is wksA establish connectivity with wksB.

In gwA and gwB I had installed and signed x509 certs.  Was created 3 files:
cert.pem
req.pem
key.pem

then, I copied theses files to /etc/ipsec.d/certs
Doubts:
1 - Do I need copy keys between gwA and gwB ?
2 - Based on examples from strongswan.org/Test scenarios, (net2net cert)
the /etc/ipsec.conf session conn net-net is:
   leftcert=cert.pem
   leftid=@moon.strongswan.org  // from site example

   but, what really is leftid ? seaching of web I saw the Subject
certificate (OU, CN, ..) in this field. what I have to use ?

Thanks.

--
Jefferson Leandro
Curitiba - BR