[strongSwan] question regarding using smart card authentication with IKEv1

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Mar 6 13:15:22 CET 2012

Hello Ana,

yes, you can load any third party PKCS#11 dynamic library using
the pkcs11module parameter in the config setup section of ipsec.conf.
Excerpt from the ipsec.conf man page:

  pkcs11module = <lib>

  defines the path during run-time to a dynamically loadable PKCS#11
  library. Overrides any path defined during compile-time using the
  --pkcs11-module configure option.

Kind Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org