[strongSwan] IKEv1 & IKEv2 or Pluto & Charon?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Fri Feb 10 20:33:46 CET 2012

Hello Christ,

there is no problem running the pluto IKEv1 daemon and the charon
IKEv2 daemon concurrently. pluto will use the IKE UDP ports 500 and
4500 and charon will use a raw socket to filter out all IKEv2
messages. Have a look at our mixed IKEv1/IKEv2 protocol scenario:

www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ike/rw-cert/

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org