[strongSwan] Multiple hostnames same server cert

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Dec 18 19:09:08 CET 2012

Hi,

while generating your server certificate you can add multiple
subjectAltNames:

   ipsec pki --issue ... --san "vpn.foo.com" --san "vpn.bar.com"

If your clients are requesting different IDr identities then
you must define two connections

conn foo
      also=server
      leftid=vpn.foo.com
      auto=add

conn bar
      also=server
      leftid=vpn.bar.com
      auto=add

conn server
      rightid=%any
      ...                      # all other parameters
      leftcert=serverCert.pem

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org