[strongSwan] Non-responsive RADIUS server automatically reintegrate?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Dec 6 10:13:24 CET 2012

Hi Igor,

> How to retry it from time to time? Currently I must to restart
> Strongswan to let the server reintegrate.

You can reload the complete RADIUS configuration by sending SIGHUP, this
will reset server preferences and reintegrate a failed server.

The server will automatically reintegrate, but depending on the load of
the others this might require a few hundreds client connections before
this happens. Server preference calculations includes some magic, which
is implemented at [1].

[1]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=blob;f=src/libradius/radius_config.c;hb=HEAD#l115