[strongSwan] How to setup only one VPN connection for a single road warrior with dual IP addresses (v4 and v6) using IKEv2 in strongswan-5.0.0?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Aug 24 08:37:12 CEST 2012

> I am wondering if it is possible to setup only one connection for
> Carol, but be able to route both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic through this
> single tunnel?

Yes, with IKEv2 you can negotiate traffic selectors for both IPv4 and
IPv6 in a single CHILD_SA. To do so, for example set

  leftsubnet=10.0.0.1/32,fec1::/64
  rightsubnet=10.2.0.0/16,fec2::/64

Not supported is the assignment of multiple virtual IPs using
left/rightsourceip. However, I'm currently working on it and I hope to
get it done for 5.0.1.