[strongSwan] Reporting Issue:Old CHILD_SA not getting cleared

Ghosh, Anurag (EXT-Aricent - IN) anurag.ghosh.ext at nsn.com
Fri Apr 13 15:48:03 CEST 2012

Hi Tobias,

We agree with you that this delete may be for the CHILD_SA. We have tested a couple of times again and it looks like the redundant CHILD_SA are not getting created anymore. :)
We would still want to understand that what happens if I want the reauth to happen [reauth=yes] each time for the IKE_SA. In such a case there is always a possibility that during the downtime of the IKE_SA, traffic matching the installed policies will trigger a new CHILD_SA to be created. By setting the reauth=no we are blocking this issue. Don't you think that this is some kind of limiting factor in the way we can exploit the facilities provided by charon?

Please let us know your opinion on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Anurag Ghosh