[strongSwan] Reporting Issue:Old CHILD_SA not getting cleared

Ghosh, Anurag (EXT-Aricent - IN) anurag.ghosh.ext at nsn.com
Thu Apr 12 19:56:47 CEST 2012

Hi Tobias,

We have added reauth=no to the ipsec.conf and retested our scenario once. We could observe from the tcpdump on the node triggering the traffic that even now an INFORMATIONAL message (with Next Payload: Delete) is sent just before IKE_SA re-keying [behaviour is same as was with reauth=yes ]. As per our understanding it should not be the case [as per your suggestion this is normal when reauth=yes].
Please let us know your opinion on this.
We will run the test scenario again and see if we have any difference.

The ipsec.conf file is provided below for your reference.
# ipsec.conf

config setup
charonstart=yes
plutostart=no