[strongSwan] Question on IKEv2

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:05:39 CEST 2012

Hello Chris

Are you using two configurations to test, one configured to use psk
(password) and one to use certificates?

You have this in your ipsec.conf:

authby=secret

, which means that you are using pre shared key (password) and not certificates.

Use authby=rsasig when using ikev1 and leftauth=pubkey when using ikev2

See ipsec.conf man page, look at authby and leftauth parameters.

Regards,
Kimmo