[strongSwan] routed based vpn or CISCO VTI (Virtual Tunnel Interface)

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Mon Apr 2 12:37:19 CEST 2012

Hello Fabrice,

On 02.04.2012 10:54, Fabrice Barconnière wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to do as CISCO VTI (Virtual Tunnel Interface) with
> Strongswan ?
> All network traffic is routed in "tunnel" interface.

We are working on a userland IPsec encryption plugin using a a virtual
tunnel interface. It will be available somewhere in June 2012.

> Does traffic selector should be define as %any or 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 ?
> In database mode, %any value can be set to traffic selector ?

In ipsec.conf the whole Internet is designated as 0.0.0.0/0 or %default.
In the database you define an IP range, i.e.

INSERT INTO traffic_selectors (
  type, start_addr, end_addr
) VALUES (
  7, X'00000000', X'ffffffff'