[strongSwan] Ikev2 for ipv6 with protocol icmp6

Indira Manthri indira.mantri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:13:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have configured ikev2 to test ipsec for ipv6 with protocol as icmp6.

There is a strange behaviour in this scenario and it is as below:
1. When I configure ipsec configuration and send ping6 traffic, the IKE_SA
donot get established.

2. After the above point, if I delete the ipsec configuration and send
ping6 traffic, then the ping between those end points works fine.

3. Now after the second point, if I configure ipsec for the same end points
and then start ping6 traffic, then the tunnel gets established.

Could you please let me know the reason behind this? And is there any fix
or patch to solve this issue.

Thanks alot for the support,
Indira.