[strongSwan] leftID and rightID

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sun Sep 25 12:46:02 CEST 2011

Hello,

left|rightid *must* be either the subject distinguished name or
a subjectAltName extension contained in the certificate. If you
don't define leftid or if leftid is not defined in the certificate
then automatically the subject DN is assumed as a default.

As a responder you can define rightid=%any, in that case any
peer with a trusted and non-revoked certificate will be accepted.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)