[strongSwan] leftID and rightID

nima chavooshi nima0102 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 10:40:10 CEST 2011

Hi
I have setup strongswan and I could establish secure connection with 2 nodes
without any problem.
My connection config is :

conn net-net
      left=30.0.2.2
      leftcert=peer1.crt
      leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
      rightsubnet=30.0.2.0/24
      right=30.0.2.1
      leftid="C=US, ST=City, L=Teh, O=peer1, OU=peer1, CN=peer1"
      rightid="C=US, ST=City, L=Teh, O=peer2, OU=peer2, CN=peer2"
      keyexchange=ikev2
      type=tunnel
      auth=ah
      auto=add

My concern about leftID and rightID options. I could not establish
connection without them.related values I derive from certificates. May give
me more information about possible values that I can set for these
parameters?
If I do not want use leftid or rightid, what option do I set instead of
them?

Thank in advance