[strongSwan] Regarding Load testing problems..

Narendra K A naren.ka at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:19:28 CEST 2011

Thank you very much for the valuable infor Martin :)

>Probably one of your peers gets overloaded and can't handle all
> >connection requests. Pakets get lost, and some tunnels can't establish
> >at all. Try to increase the delay.
>
>            I tried increasing the delay to 400ms but still the problem
persists. !!

> >Not directly, but for many thousand IKE_SAs you'll have to tune your
> >ikesa_table to get good performance.
>
>           i set the value of ikesa_table_size to 1024 and
ikesa_table_segments to 16
         as suggested by strongswan wiki while creating 10K tunnels. Is this
value correct
         or do i have to make any other considerations ?

> >The load tester plugin currently does not support subnets, but only
> >host-to-host (or host-to-virtual-ip) configurations. You'll have to
> >extend the plugin if you'd like to test against such a config.
>
>           Extending the plugin means do i have to alter the source to make
a manual
         stroke up for each connection ?? i.e. SA is showing NONE because
there is
         no stroke up for each connection ?? Please correct my understanding
of stroke up

Thanks and Regards,
Naren