[strongSwan] Strongswan support on Android

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Nov 17 10:27:11 CET 2011

Hi Deepika,

> Does that mean that we will be having ipsec.conf file for Android as
> well, in the same way we have for Linux.

Yes, it does.  But you currently can't use the ipsec script, so you have
to use starter and stroke directly.

> If that is the case, can somebody help me on how/where to create that
> file and the steps to make that work on Android.

The directory where ipsec.conf and the other config files and
directories are expected can be configured (with strongswan_CONFDIR) in
the top Android.mk file within the strongSwan source tree.  The default
is /system/etc.

Regards,
Tobias