[strongSwan] problems with charon in 4.4.1

Andreas Schuldei schuldei+strongswan at spotify.com
Wed May 25 08:49:20 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Andreas Steffen
<andreas.steffen at strongswan.org> wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> I just analyzed the first part of the alvina.ash.spotify.net log
> file and I see that of the 15 initiated IKE_SAs only 4 succeed in
> the first round. Are there connection problems to the other 11 hosts,
> are some of the peers not online yet or is the computing power of the
> hosts so small that they cannot handle more than 4 IKE_SAs without
> multiple retransmission rounds?

now i uploaded new logs from taylor and aldona. the two dropped their
SA sometimes after 2011-05-24T21:48:21 (that is the last good SA
negotiation i can see in the logs) and didnt manage to establish a new
one.

could someone please look at the logs and tell me if i can do anything
about this failure (by choosing different config options)? The
configuration files are unchanged since my first mail.

please find the log files at
http://origin.scdn.co/u/wp/aldona.ash.spotify.net-charon.log
http://origin.scdn.co/u/wp/taylor.sto.spotify.net-charon.log

they are smaller this time, and the timestamp might make it easier, too. :-)