[strongSwan] VPN from iPad to ubuntu-10.4

Kim Zeitler kim.zeitler at konzept-is.de
Wed Jun 22 12:42:27 CEST 2011

Hello Andreas,

 > I tried to use the iPad's pure-IPsec configuration, and no ESP
 > packets were seen. So I concluded that with L2TP-over-IPsec I was
 > one step more close to the goal ;-)

from your mail I see that you tried to use a 'pure' ipsec connection.

In my experience L2TP is to much hazzle to set up.

iOS4 connecting to strongSwan works fine and lately a good guide was
posted in the wiki [1].

Apple itself listed the requirements for an ipsec tunnel in [2].

Following these points you should be able to create a connection between
your iOS4 device and your server.

Cheers,
Kim

[1] http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/IOS_%28Apple%29