[strongSwan] load testing with traffic

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Jul 28 17:04:57 CEST 2011

Hi Jerry,

> You mean using iperf in conjunction with the load-tester plugin?
 > Or just using iperf alone, instead of strongSwan?

I suppose that depends on what kind of performance tests you actually
want to perform.  For instance, to find out how many IKEv2 requests a
gateway can handle you could use the load-tester plugin.  And to
determine the maximum throughput on the ESP level you could use iperf
after setting up a tunnel between two hosts (without load-tester).

For the load-tester plugin you can find some docs on our wiki [1] or in
the strongswan.conf man page.

Regards,
Tobias

[1] http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/LoadTests