[strongSwan] Question About the Multiple IPsec SA support

David Deng david.live.koo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:43:49 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for you swift response !

I have reviewed these two scenarios and found that:

in these two scenarios, one CHILD_SA is always under one different IKE_SA.

and I check some standard documents, it provides two application scenarios:
1) multiple IKE_SA was built with identical traffic selectors or different
traffic selectors, and only one IKE_SA is under one IKE_SA;

*2) one IKE_SA was built  and multiple CHILD_SA is under this IKE_SA.*

so I still want to know if 2) can be supported by StrongSwan. Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,
David Morris