[strongSwan] How does id2sql utiltiy work

Riaan Kruger riaank at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 21:50:14 CEST 2011

We would like to have a seperate id2sql utility for finer-grained pool
management. We would also like it to be distribute-able. For example,
the one in strongswan does not have a make install target which makes
building it along the rest of system a manual process. So:

1. Is there a thirdparty utility that does the same work we can use?
2. Is it possible to make it install-able from strongswan (i.e. with a
make install target)?
3. If none of the above, how difficult and "legal" (in terms of the
license of strongswan) would it be to "copy out" the code for it to
make it a manage-able utility.

Riaan