[strongSwan] why my can not get the ip from dhcp server

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Oct 18 10:58:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

> 14[CFG] sending DHCP DISCOVER to 10.1.0.111
> 06[CFG] received DHCP OFFER 10.1.0.122 from %any

Seems that your DHCP server does not set the 'siaddr', field in the
DHCP_OFFER, but I think it actually should. To whom should we send the
request in this case?

We could, as a fallback, send it to the UDP source address, or to the
DHCP server address you have configured.

Is it possible to capture the DHCP conversation with a network sniffer
(wireshark)? This would help to understand what is actually going on.