[strongSwan] A question about KLIPS in strongSwan

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Sat Nov 27 05:17:03 CET 2010

Jivin Mark Ryden lays it down ...
> Martin,
> Thank a lot for your quick and full answer !
>
> >KLIPS might support more
> >crypto hardware through OCF. Netkey uses the Linux Crypto API.
>
> I want to verify that what I deduce from these sentences (even that it
> is not said explicitly:
>
> Will it be correct to say that you **cannot** use OCF
> when working with NETKEY?

That is currently true.  Only klips currently has support for OCF.

The only thing that could change this would be for someone to write a driver
that plugs OCF into the kernels crypto api.  The reverse is possible using
the OCF cryptosoft driver (ie., OCF can use all cryptoapi drivers).

Cheers,
Davidm

David McCullough,      david_mccullough at mcafee.com,  Ph:+61 734352815
McAfee - SnapGear      http://www.mcafee.com         http://www.uCdot.org