[strongSwan] Recommendation for IKEv2 Capable Client on Win XP

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sun Nov 7 19:14:26 CET 2010

Hi Holger,

I think that the successor product HAremote should also support IKEv2
although the web site is not very explicit about it. In my opinion
SafeNet has the most complete commercial IKEv2 implementation and we
extensively tested with them during the 2008 IKEv2 Interoperability
Workshon in San Antonio, Texas.

Unfortunately we don't support any fallback from IKEv2 to IKEv1
because the charon and pluto daemons are very loosely coupled.
This might change in the future when IKEv2 might get integrated
into the IKEv2 daemon (although we rather hope that IKEv1 will
go away and rest in peace ;-) )

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org