[strongSwan] Win7 client not finding machine certificate

Matthias Dahl ml-strongswan at binary-island.eu
Wed Mar 17 17:29:14 CET 2010

Hi...

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 17:28:29 Andreas Steffen wrote:

> Microsoft's new Agile VPN Client unfortunately does not support
> elliptic curve certificates [yet], so that installed ECC machine
> certificates are just not visible for IKEv2 connection.

Thanks for your swift response. Microsoft keeps those informations pretty
vague. I tried to find some good information what the Agile VPN client
actually supports (algorithms, ...) but most of the time I ended up with a
general document about Windows 7 which naturally stated ec support. :-)

To make a long story short: Switched to RSA and things work just fine now. And
I would like to add, IPsec works so much better than OpenVPN.

Best regards
matthias