[strongSwan] non-zero reserved fields in IKE_AUTH response.

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Jun 30 11:19:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

> but it's not, IDx' is actually IDType | RESERVED | IDData.

I see.

> Fixing this properly would probably need quite some changes

Yes, it indeed would. I don't know if this is really worth the effort
for this hypothetical test case. Especially as it is currently a MUST to
have them set to zero:

> RESERVED - MUST be sent as zero;

A future extension of the IKEv2 protocol might change the behavior and
set one of these bits. But unless this happens, I'd prefer to just leave
it as it is..