[strongSwan] Running Mocana Device Security Framework against strongswan 4.4.0 - DH group MODP_1024 inacceptable, requesting MODP_1024

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Jun 28 09:16:15 CEST 2010

Hi Dietmar,

> I cross-compiled strongswan without gmp support, i.e. with configure option
> --disable-gmp.

And which crypto plugin should provide the Diffie-Hellman and RSA
functionality? You can't just --disable-gmp without --enable-openssl or
--enable-gcrypt, otherwise the daemon misses the DH calculation
functionality.

> 06[IKE] DH group MODP_1024 inacceptable, requesting MODP_1024

> What I don't understand is the fact that it says MODP_1024 is not acceptable but
> it requests MODP_1024 at the same time?

The daemon tries to use what you have configured, but is actually unable
to do the MODP1024 calculation. This algorithms requires one of the
mentioned crypto backends.