[strongSwan] Windows 7 IKEv2 problems

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Jul 29 14:28:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

> > all I get are routes supporting the virtual IP address, not the
> > subnet behind the VPN gateway.

> Did you find any solution to this problem?

Had the same problem, but haven't found a solution for this questionable
behavior of Windows 7.

The workaround I use is to assign virtual IP address out of the subnet
you want to tunnel to. But this works for Classful networks only, as it
seems that Windows determines the Class and its netmask based on the
virtual IP.

I experimentally added INTERNAL_IP4_SUBNET/INTERNAL_IP4_NETMASK support
to the attr plugin, but it seems that Windows does not honor these
options.