[strongSwan] Strongswan and Umip

Francois Bard francois at tera.ics.keio.ac.jp
Tue Dec 7 03:04:23 CET 2010

Hello Andreas,

Here are the complete log of the MN as well as the mip6d.conf and ipsec.conf
of the MN.

Also some clarifications/questions :

Are you saying my MN seems to be colocated in the home network because of
the ifconfig file? I checked and saw that eth0 hadnt release the home
address yet when i typed the command. Maybe I didn't wait enough. What I
always have when I'm in the foreign network :

eth0 :
          inet6 addr: 2001:200:0:68f1:218:feff:fe6a:
c19b/64 Scope:Global
          inet6 addr: fe80::218:feff:fe6a:c19b/64 Scope:Link

ip6tnl1 :
          inet6 addr: 2001:200:0:68f0::1/128 Scope:Global
          inet6 addr: fe80::218:feff:fe6a:c19b/64 Scope:Link

Another thing, when the MN is in the home network, and i launch mip6d
without strongSwan, I'm able to ping in and out, and to initiate ssh
connections from the HA to the MN, but not the other way around.. This seems
weird to me, and I'm actually unclear whether I should even be able to
obtain an address/be able to ping. I understand this might not be the place
for questions about umip so I'll also send a message to the umip support ML.

Thanks a lot,

Francois