[strongSwan] Localhost routing issue.

Henry R. Prins HPrins at multidataservices.com
Fri Dec 3 14:38:42 CET 2010

I know I've done this before but I cannot for the life of me remember
how.  I have multiple VPN tunnels on my gateway machine which is using
masq/snat.  When I ping one of the remote VPN locations from another
machine it works but in order to ping the VPN tunnels from the
gateway/VPN machine it will only work if I add the -I flag and specify
eth0 which is the device to my local subnet.  I'm assuming it has
something to do with either A) the ping by default uses localhost
127.0.0.1 or is coming from the lo device.  If someone can remind me
what I'm missing I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Henry