[strongSwan] ipsec.secrets not read properly anymore

Niels Peen niels.peen at me.com
Thu Aug 26 08:15:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

After upgrading from 4.3.6 to 4.4.1 (on Debian) my ipsec.secrets is not read properly anymore.

My ipsec.secrets:
----
: RSA combined.key.pem
: XAUTH	vpn "vpn"
----

Output on 4.3.6:
----
002 forgetting secrets
002   loaded private key from 'combined.key.pem'
002   loaded xauth credentials of user 'vpn'
----

Output on 4.4.1:
----
002 forgetting secrets
002   loaded private key from 'combined.key.pem'
002   loaded XAUTH secret for %any
003 "/etc/ipsec.secrets" line 2: PSK data malformed (input does not begin with format prefix): vpn
----

I could not find any obvious changes in the changelog. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks,
Niels