[strongSwan] Need help reviewing a tutorial on smartcards

François Pérou francois.perou at free.fr
Fri Apr 9 09:42:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 07:58 +0200, François Pérou wrote:

> <http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.strongswan.org/msg01798.html>

Dear Dimitrios,

I modified to have pluto running in debug mode on Carol:
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/using-strongswan-with-smart-cards/configuring-road-warrior-carol

This seems to work fine on Carol side with pluto.
PIN and credentials are cached.
I can run ipsec listcards.

Many thanks.

Now I have some problem on the most simple part: Moon.

1) Should I also run pluto on Moon? I guess no, charon should work also?
2) Should I use keyexchange=ikev2 or keyexchange=ikev1?
3) I installed carol PEM cert in /etc/ipsec.d/certs/carolCert.pem. Is
this the right location?

Then I try to establish connection and nothing happens.
Any idea?

Kind regards