[strongSwan-dev] strongSwan kernel-vpp interface

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Dec 13 14:26:30 CET 2021

Hi Francois,

> We have been recently looking into using VPP (from the fd.IO project) to
> build a VPN device that can reach speeds in excess of 1Gbps.
>
> I haven’t found much implementations for strongswan to interact with VPP.

See [1], but there were some license issues. (I've not looked at the
code, but there are likely code quality issues too.)

> We are busy at building a plugin to allow strongswan to interface with VPP.
>
> Would the team or anyone in the community be interested in this?
>
> If possible we would like to upstream this to strongswan so that it can
> be included in future releases.

See [2], contact me directly if you want to discuss this further.

Regards,
Tobias

[1] https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/pull/176
[2] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Contributions