[strongSwan-dev] need for openssl plugin use case

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Wed Oct 5 16:15:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

> But in the strongswan-master code repo, i see no reference to open-ssl
> plugin .
>
> eg. openssl_crypter_create function in openssl_crypter.c

That's the whole point of our plugin system.  All this is hidden from
the users in other components, they just create a crypter of a specific
type and key size via lib->crypto->create_crypter().  They don't care
what plugin provides it or how it is implemented.  You'll find lots of
examples if you search for create_crypter() calls.

Regards,
Tobias