[strongSwan-dev] Using "virtual IP" with parameter "install_virtual_ip=no"

RIOU, DOMINIQUE VZ (DOMINIQUE) dominique.riou at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Mar 30 15:57:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm testing in stongswan version "Linux strongSwan U5.1.3" the reception of "virtual IP", but I don't want installation of this IP address.

So my /etc/strongswan.conf is:

root-root> cat /etc/strongswan.conf
# /etc/stronswan.conf - strongSwan configuration file

charon {
        cert_id_binding=no
        install_routes=no
        install_virtual_ip=no
        retransmit_tries=1
        retransmit_timeout=0.100
        retransmit_base=1.0
        plugins {
                updown {
                        dns_handler=yes
                }
        }
}

But in log, I get the message:

05[IKE] installing new virtual IP 10.3.0.2

Why there is this previous message with the parameter : install_virtual_ip=no

I just want to manage this address using leftupdown parameter for my own needs.

Thank you for your response.

Dominique Riou