[strongSwan-dev] exception in malloc, mainly during list operations

SM K sacho.polo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:30:38 CET 2015

Hi Gerd and Martin,

Thank you for your responses. The box does not have faulty memory, It has
crashes on multiple systems, while other applications havent. I believe it
is caused by an invalid free somewhere, but I cannot point where at. I have
run with some tools that could have detected such problems, but I did not
run into such a problem. I might have to put in more instrumentation to
detect invalid memory frees.

I wonder if this is caused by a race condition somewhere. I was thinking
for reducing the number of threads strongswan uses, at least until we can
find a reason for the crash. What is the minimum number of threads needed
for strongswan to run? I currently have defined 16 threads, and we run on a
16 core box.

-sk