[strongSwan-dev] set_address function in tun_device.c file is throwing buffer overflow error

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Mar 9 10:38:02 CET 2015

> set_address API in the tun_device.c is throwing buffer overflow error
> when assigning ipv6 ip address to the virtual interface.
>
> Kindly help provide a fix for this issue.

tun_device_t does currently not provide support for IPv6 (the ioctls for
IPv6 are quire different, and different for each platform - I did some
experiments a year ago in the tun-device-ipv6 branch).  To avoid the
buffer overflow, you could add a check for the address family in
set_address() and return FALSE if it is AF_INET6.

Regards,
Tobias