[strongSwan-dev] sequence flow for strongswan market app (noticed ip address assignment after child sa completes)

Ravi Kanth Vanapalli vvnrk.vanapalli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 00:04:43 CET 2015

Dear Martin,
  I have prepared a sequence flow for the strongswan Android Market App.
Could you please review this sequence flow

As per my study the IP address assignment happens by the Android vpn layer
at sequence line 18 and not between line 12 and 13.

In your thread you have mentioned that after IKE_SA setup and before child
SA setup completes ipsec0 will be assigned an IP address.
My query was what configuration setting in strongswan android app was made
to defer the ip address configuration until after the child sa is setup.

[image: Inline image 1]
Ravikanth