[strongSwan-dev] query in child_cfg_create() function in file android_service.c

Ravi Kanth Vanapalli vvnrk.vanapalli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:57:53 CET 2015

Dear all,

  I have a query in the prototype for function child_cfg_create()
I am writing it below for your quick reference..
 What does the 4th parameter 'hostaccess' mean ?

Description reads below

'@param hostaccess TRUE to allow access to the local host'
'access' refers to accessing the IKE_SA  or ipsec SA or.. access is related
to usability of the tunnel.

Kindly help me understand this hostaccess attribute

child_cfg_t *child_cfg_create(char *name, lifetime_cfg_t *lifetime,
  char *updown, bool hostaccess,
  ipsec_mode_t mode, action_t start_action,
  action_t dpd_action, action_t close_action,
  bool ipcomp, u_int32_t inactivity, u_int32_t reqid,
  mark_t *mark_in, mark_t *mark_out, u_int32_t tfc);

RaviKanth VN Vanapalli